General Research Interests
- Nuclear properties at the extremes of density and temperature
- Nuclear Structure (collective modes of excitation, giant resonances, high-spin isomeric states)
- Nuclear Dynamics (nuclear fission, gamma and particle emission, transition from chaos to order)
- Nuclear Astrophysics (r-process and syntheses of rare isotopes)
- Nuclear Applications (gamma and neutron activation analysis, radio isotope production, nuclear energy, nuclear transmutation, nuclear forensic)
Selected (Recent) Publications
One book chapter, 134 papers in refereed journals and conference proceedings, 12 recent publications:
- Photodisintegration Cross Section of the Reaction 4He(γ,p)3H between 22 and 30 MeV. R. Raut, W. Tornow, M. W. Ahmed, A. S. Crowell, J. H. Kelley, G. Rusev, S. C. Stave, and A. P. Tonchev.
Phys. Rev. Lett.108, 042502 (2012).
- Two-body photodisintegration of 3He between 7 and 16 MeV
W. Tornow, H.J. Karwowski, J.H. Kelley, R. Raut, G. Rusev, S.C. Stave,
A.P. Tonchev, A. Deltuva, A.C. Fonseca, L.E. Marcucci, M. Viviani, A. Kievsky,
J. Golak, R. Skibiński, H. Witała, R. Schiavilla.
Physics Letters B, 702, 121 (2011).
- Cross-Section Measurements of Neutron Induced Reactions on GaAs using Monoenergetic Beams from 7.5 to 15 MeV, R. Raut, A. S. Crowell, B.Fallin, C.R. Howell, C. Huibregtse, J.H. Kelley, T. Kawano, E. Kwan, G. Rusev, A.P. Tonchev, W. Tornow, D. J. Vieira, and J.B. Wilhelmy.
Phys. Rev. C83, 044621 (2011).
- Discrete deexcitations in 235U below 3 MeV from nuclear resonance fluorescence, E. Kwan, G. Rusev, A. S. Adekola, S. Hammond, C.R. Howell, H. J. Karwowski, J.H. Kelley, R. Raut, A. P. Tonchev, and W. Tornow.
Phys. Rev. C83, 041601(R) (2011).