Publications in Review and Revision
(18) Oerter, E, J Mills, G Maurer, L Lammers, R Amundson, Greenhouse gas production and transport in desert soils of the southwestern USA, In Review.
(17) Oerter, E, G Bowen, Hydraulic redistribution by Quercus gambelli and its ecohydrologic implications in semi-arid ecosystems, In Revision.
(16) Oerter, E, M Singleton, L Davisson, Hydrogen and oxygen stable isotope dynamics of hyper-saline and salt-saturated aqueous solutions, In Revision.
(15) Bowen, G, A Putnam, J R Brooks, D Bowling, E Oerter, S Good, 2018, Inferring the source of evaporated waters using stable H and O isotopes, Oecologia, In Press.
(14) Oerter, E, M Singleton, L Davisson, 2017, Hydrogen and oxygen stable isotope signatures of goethite hydration waters by thermogravimetry-enabled laser spectroscopy, Chemical Geology, v. 475, p. 14-23,doi: 10.1016/j.chemgeo.2017.10.025
(13) Oerter, E, M Malone, A Putman, L Stark, D Drits, G Bowen, 2017 Every apple has a voice: Using stable isotopes to teach about food sourcing and the water cycle, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, v. 21, p. 3799-3810, doi: 105194/hess-2017-115.
(12) Oerter, E, G Bowen, 2017, In situ monitoring of H and O stable isotopes in soil water reveals ecohydrologic dynamics in managed soil systems. Ecohydrology, v. 10, e1841, doi: 10.1002/eco.1841
(11) Oerter, E, A Perelet, E Pardyjak, G Bowen, 2017, Membrane inlet laser spectroscopy to measure H and O stable isotope compositions of soil and sediment pore water with high sample throughput. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, v. 31, p. 75-84, doi: 10.1002/rcm.7768
(10) Oerter, E, R Amundson, 2016, Climate controls on spatial and temporal variations in pedogenic carbonate formation timing in the western Great Basin of North America. Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 128, no. 7-8, p. 1095-1104, doi: 10.1130/B31367.1
(9) Oerter, E, W Sharp, J Oster, A Ebeling, J Valley, R Kozdon, I Orland, J Hellstrom, J Woodhead, J Hergt, O Chadwick, R Amundson, 2016, Pedothem carbonates reveal anomalous North American atmospheric circulation 70,000 to 55,000 years ago.Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, v. 113, no. 4, p. 919-924, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1515478113
(8) Ebeling, A, E Oerter, J Valley, R Amundson, 2016, Relict soil evidence for profound Quaternary aridification of the Atacama Desert, Chile. Geoderma, v. 267, p. 196-206, doi: 10.1016/j.geoderma.2015.12.010
(7) Oerter, E, R Amundson, A Heimsath, M Jungers, G Chong, P Renne, 2016, Early to middle Miocene climate in the Atacama Desert of northern Chile. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, v. 441, p. 890-900, doi: 10.1016/j.palaeo.2015.10.038
(6) Oerter, E, K Finstad, J Schaeffer, G Goldsmith, T Dawson, R Amundson, 2014, Oxygen isotope fractionation effects in soil water via interaction with cations (Mg, Ca, Na, K) adsorbed to phyllosilicate clay minerals. Journal of Hydrology, v. 515, p. 1-9, doi: 10.1016/j.hydrol.2014.04.029
(5) Oerter, E, 2011, Geothermometry of thermal springs in the Rico, Dunton, and West Fork Dolores River areas, Dolores County, Colorado. Colorado Geological Survey, Resource Series, 95 p.
(4) Barkmann, P, M Dechesne, M E Wickham, J Carlson, S Formolo, E Oerter, 2011. Cross-sections of the freshwater bearing strata of the Denver Basin between Greeley and Colorado Springs, Colorado. Colorado Geological Survey, Open-file Report 11-03.
(3) Oerter, E, M Sares, 2010, Geothermometry of warm springs in the Rico Area, Colorado. Geothermal Resources Council Transactions, v. 34, p. 703-707.
(2) Oerter, E, G Brimhall, J Redmond, B Walker, 2007, A method for quantitative pyrite abundance in mine rock piles by powder X-ray diffraction and Rietveld refinement, Applied Geochemistry, v. 22, p. 2907-2925, doi: 10.1016/j.apgeochem.2007.08.002.
(1) Krosley, L, P Shaffner, E Oerter, T Ortiz, 2006, Digital ground-based photogrammetry for measuring discontinuity orientations in steep rock exposures, 41st U.S. Symposium on Rock Mechanics, American Rock Mechanics Society, p. 1-13.