Application of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy to a range of scientific problems from polymer dynamics; material aging and compatibility; chemical forensics; reactivity, transport, and decontamination of chemical threats; advanced material characterization; and studies of environmental systems.
- Maiti, A., Small, W., Lewicki, J., Weisgraber, T.H., Duoss, E.B., Chinn, S.C., Pearson, M.A., Spadaccini, C.M., Maxwell, R.S., Wilson, T.S. "Microarchitecture Matters! 3D Printed Cellular Solid Outperforms Stochastic Foam in the Long Term" Scientific Reports, 6, 24871; doi: 10.1038/srep24871 (2016). [CODT-2015-1580]
- Harvey, C.A., Carter, J.C., Ertel, J.R., Alviso, C.T., Chinn, S.C., Maxwell, R.S. "Fiber-Based Solid Phase Microextraction Using Fused Silica Lined Bottles to Collect, Store, and Stabilize a Multianalyte Headspace Gas Sample for Offline Analyses," J. Chrom. A, 1401, 1 (2015).
- Maiti, A., Small, W., Gee, R.H., Weisgraber, T.H., Chinn, S.C., Wilson, T.S., Maxwell, R.S. "Mullins Effect in a Filled Elastomer Under Uniaxial Tension," Phys. Rev. E, 89, 012602, 2014. [LLNL-JRNL-641518]
- Mayer, B.P., Chinn, S.C., Maxwell, R.S., Reimer, J.A. "Solid State NMR Investigation of Gamma-Irradiated Composite Siloxanes: Probing the Silica/Polysiloxane Interface" Polymer Degradation and Stability, 98, 1362, 2013.
- Mayer, B.P., Valdez, C.A., Hok, S., Chinn, S.C., Hart, B.R., "31P-Edited Diffusion-Ordered 1H NMR Spectroscopy for the Spectral Isolation and Identification of Organophosphorous Compounds Related to Chemical Weapons Agents and Their Degradation Products" Analytical Chemistry, 84, 20478, 2012.