Staff Chemist, Group Founder of the LLNL High Pressure Material Science team at LLNL. Principal Investigator, Equation of state and reaction chemistry of supercritical fluids and energetic materials.
The study of time resolved chemical, physical, and general material science phenomena in the realm of extreme pressure and/or temperature conditions. Development of diagnostic tools employed to advance our understanding of extreme condition and/or ultrafast materials science.
- 05/88-12/94, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, Ph.D. (Physical Chemistry)
- 08/83-05/88, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, B.S. (Chemistry, Physics minor)
- Research Scientist, Experimental team leader, and founder of the High Pressure Chemistry Group at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, 1999-present
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Laboratory, Livermore, CA, 1997-1998
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, 1995-1997
- Graduate Research Associate, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, 1994
- Graduate Research Associate, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1988-1993
- American Chemical Society, Physical Chemistry Division www.acs.org
- American Physical Society, SCCM topical group www.aps.org>
- American Geophysical Union, Physical Properties of Earth Materials www.agu.org>
- American Association for the Advancement of Science www.aaas.org>
- Physical Properties of Earth Materials http://geoweb.tamu.edu/tectono/ppem/>