My general research interests are in theoretical and computational Kinetic Theories and Statistical Mechanics. I also have a special interest on Pattern Formation, Non-equilibrium and the Complexity Science.
I have been using theoretical modeling as well as computational tools, like Molecular dynamics and Phase-Field method, to study and model different aspects of non-equilibrium phenomenon in Condensed matter regime.
To date my work in the lab has been focused on using molecular simulations to model transport coefficients in plasmas and Warm Dense Matter.
Honors and Awards
- Lawrence Award for Academic Excellence, Northeastern University (2002).
- Lawrence Award for Academic Excellence, Northeastern University (2001).
- UNESCO/IAEA Fellowship During Diploma Course Program, ICTP, Trieste, ITALY (1998-99).
Selected (Recent) Publications
- T. Haxhimali and R. E. Rudd "Estimation of Diffusivity in Binary Yukawa Mixtures in Warm dense Matter Regime" in preparation to be submitted to
- T. Haxhimali and A. Karma "Selection mechanism of growth orientation during dendritic solidification revealed" to be submitted in
Acta Mater. 2013.
- T. Haxhimali, D. Buta, J.J. Hoyt, P. W. Voorhees and M.Asta "Size-Dependent Nucleation Kinetics at Non-planar Solid-Liquid Interfaces in Nanowire Growth"
Rapid Communication PRE80 050601 2009.
This letter was also illustrated at the
Virtual Journal of Nanoscience & Technologies, Vol. 20 December 7, 2009.
- T. Haxhimali, A. Karma, F. Gonzales and M. Rappaz "Orientation Selection in Dendritic Evolution"
Nature Mater.5, 660-664 (2006). This article was featured on the cover of Nature Material(Aug. 2006 issue 5)
- J. J. Hoyt, M. Asta, T. Haxhimali, A. Karma, R. E. Napolitano, R. Trivedi, B. B. Laird and J. R. Morris "Crystal-Melt Interfaces and Solidification Morphologies in Metals and Alloys",
Mater. Res. Bull.29 , 935-940 (2004).