Biosphere-atmosphere interactions, boundary layer meteorology, global carbon cycle, ecosystem fluxes of CO2, H2O and energy as they are measured and modeled, plant ecophysiology.
Honors and Awards
- National Science Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (2011-2012)
- University of California Berkeley Chancellor's Opportunity Fellowship (2009 – 2010)
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2006 – 2009)
- National Science Foundation IGERT Fellowship in Biosphere-Atmosphere Research and Training (2004 – 2006)
- Ecological Society of America Honorable Mention for Best Student Poster (2008)
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science Excellent Poster Award (2003)
Selected (Recent) Publications
Kobayashi, H., Baldocchi, D., Ryu, Y., Chen, Q., Ma, S., Osuna, J., Ustin, S. (2012). "Modeling energy and carbon fluxes in a heterogeneous oak woodland: A three-‐dimensional approach."